When people ask me what I do, I say: “I help you tell your story.”
I am at heart, a storyteller.
I have more than 20 years experience as a public relations and corporate communications executive and consultant for some of the most recognized brands in the computer and consumer electronics industry—from startups to Fortune 500 brands.
During my career, I’ve made a lot of influential connections — and when you hire me, I leverage those connections to make your connections.
My network helps build your net worth.
I am a top ranked social media and PR professional:
- Klout Rank 69 – top 10% of social influencers worldwide.
- SocMetrics – rank in the world’s top 100 PR influencers and top 200 social media influencers.
- Peer Index – top 10% global social influencer.
- Kred – Rated in top 1% of the world’s marketing influencers.
- Mashable – top 100 Social Pro (according to Twitter lists.)
- 5,200 authentic Twitter followers.
- Listed on 500+ Twitter lists as an influencer.
- Frequently invited to events and comped in (due to influencer status.)
- Invited to speak at Google, Microsoft, AAMA, IEEE, WSGR and other influential organizations.
I’m currently a mentor to startups for the Founder Institute and Gateway startup incubators with marketing and business leaders like Tim Ferris (author of “The Four Hour Work Week,” Aaron Patzer, CEO of Mint, Joe Bezdek, Cofounder of Divx, and Will Bunker, co-founder of Match.com.
Being first to market is not always easy. You have to capture the imagination of the consumer and skeptical business press and sell a dream. I was a key member of marketing teams that branded and launched many new and disruptive technology “firsts” including:
- the first film streamed live on the Internet as pay per view
- the first color inkjet printer for HP
- the first privacy-respecting PC for Purism.
- the first personal desktop search engine (funded by Intel)
- the first cross platform email service (for Sun Microsystems)
- the first desktop video editing system (for Radius, Adobe and Apple)
- the first technology that made websites available on wireless devices
- the first technology that automatically updated software on the Internet with bug fixes (which sold 5 million copies worldwide and is now part of Intel.)
A majority of the startups I did early PR for have now been acquired by bigger companies — including acquisitions by IBM, Google, Intel, Phoenix, Computer Associates and Oracle.
As a PR professional, I’ve been a key member of teams that launched more than 30 products for the consumer and B2B technology market, working inside companies and on PR agency teams including partnership launches with Apple, Sun, HP, Intel, Microsoft, Accenture, Motorola, Cisco, Salesforce and Adobe.
Recent events I promoted include conferences featuring executives from Google, Facebook, Twitter, Zappos, Yahoo and Medium, legendary founders like Steve Wozniak, John McAfee and Nolan Bushnell and the CEOs of Ing. Bank, Monster and LinkedIn.
I was an early employee of an early angel funded Internet startup, CyberMedia, and lead their PR and corporate communications through VC funding by Draper Fisher Jurvetson and Kleiner Perkins, a successful IPO and acquisition by McAffee/Network Associates (later acquired by Intel).
I’ve worked directly with early stage start-ups funded by major Venture Capitalists including Kleiner Perkins; DFJ; USVP; Sevin Rosen Funds and Ignition and advising some of the most influential tech CEOs and innovators in Silicon Valley, including Everypath Mobile which raised $100 million in VC funding and partnered with Salesforce and Accenture.
Celebrities I’ve promoted include events featuring bestselling authors Eckhart Tolle, Don Miguel Ruiz, Coast to Coast AM host George Noory, Marianne Williamson… and iconic stars like Iggy Pop, Goldie Hawn, Alannis Morissette, Arianna Huffington, Deva Premal & Miten, Steve Wozniak, Michael Franti & Spearhead and so many more.
NEW IDEAS I HELPED INTRODUCED TO THE WORLD…
In recent years, I’ve been on the cutting edge of what’s now being called “mindful marketing.” Basically, bringing yoga, personal transformation and mindfulness to broad acceptance with a new style of collaborative marketing that is more about tribal community building. This has now transformed mainstream business. Collaborative leadership, Holocracy and distributed, virtual teams evolved out of this once alternative culture.
Other cutting edge concepts I’ve helped broaden for the mainstream include mindfulness in business (Wisdom 2.0 Summit), and yoga therapy for mental and physical healing (Yoga for Health Conference.) I was also on the forefront of promoting and branding one of the earliest “transformational” music festivals, recently validated in The New York Times and in a 2012 documentary film, “The Bloom.”
In 2012, I lead the marketing and social media strategy for the end of the Mayan Calendar event on 12/21/12 in Mexico — which drew 20 million viewers to a live streaming video event broadcast that was simultanteously presented at live concert events on 7 continents and drew more than 70 mainstream broadcast TV crews from around the world including BBC News Worldwide.
What can I do to shift your visibility to the next level?