What’s in a name? Everything! 10 reasons why naming strategy is crucial for your brand.
I was talking to a client the other day who wanted more visibility. They had a hideously long URL for their company website. I rolled my eyes. I immediately knew they were doomed to failure unless they changed their name. I asked: “Is there any way you can find a shorter url?” My prospective client… Continue reading
Is Facebook fan page advertising useless?
This week, a controversial Gallup poll declared that social media was all but useless, and that nobody was influenced by social media ads and it was all a bunch of hooey. I was immediately suspicious that results from the Gallup survey were skewed by the print and TV media. Mainstream media are late to the… Continue readingblog, citizen journalism, community, Facebook, fans, Google, PR Newswire, press release, public relations, renegade marketing, search engine optimization, seo, shameless self promotion, social media, viral, website, Wordpress
Will synchronized global dance/meditation live streams soon surpass the Superbowl for global viewership?
On December 21, 2012, I had the opportunity to help coordinate one of the largest global synchronized moments in history — millions of people participating in a candlelight ceremony at dawn (5:11 am UT) to celebrate the Winter Solstice and the end of the Mayan Calendar. We succeeded in getting more than 20 million people… Continue reading
6 Ways to Make Passive Income from Your Blog or Website
Yesterday I discovered a gold mine I had no idea I owned. A blog that I started in early days of blogging in 2004 is now ranked in the top 1,000,000 of all the sites on the Internet. While this is a wonderful surprise, I am also kicking myself. I could be making money, and… Continue readingblog, bootstrapping, Facebook, make money blogging, personal branding, renegade marketing, Uncategorized, viral, website, Wordpress
8 Sneaky Tricks to Work Around the New Restrictions in Facebook
It was fabulous back in the good old days before Facebook went public. But bit by bit, Facebook is becoming an increasingly less effective organizing tool. And this is very bad news for people like me who rely on it to promote… Continue reading
What makes you influential on social media? (It’s not what you think.)
What makes you influential on social media? Just as in mainstream journalism, great content is key. Great headlines grab the reader. Posting frequently and regularly and being the first to break the news is key. And just as magazines have long known, pass along readership is key to great circulation. But the main thing that… Continue readingcitizen journalism, damage control, Facebook, personal branding, public relations, renegade marketing, schmoozing, search engine optimization, seo, shameless self promotion, social media, social media hysteria, Twitter, Uncategorized, viral
7 lazy ways to shamelessly promote your blog and social media posts to get more traffic
1. Use “Share This” widgets to shamelessly self promote. Whether you’re using WordPress or any other blogging or web development tool, you can use the “Share This” widget on your website to quickly promote your posts . Just install the widget on your site and right after you file your post share it shamelessly!… Continue readingblog, bootstrapping, citizen journalism, Digg, Facebook, flacks, newsletter, PR Newswire, press release, public relations, renegade marketing, search engine optimization, seo, shameless self promotion, social media, Twitter, viral, website, Wordpress
#Egypt: The First Twitter Revolution
In the 1980s, the Fall of the Berlin wall was attributed to television. In the 1990s, fax machines enabled the protests in Tianamen Square. But today, in Egypt, it’s a Twitter revolution. Internet social networking services like Twitter and Facebook have been the revolutionary tools of communications for protesters in Egypt. According to Al Jezzera,… Continue reading
A writer, content marketer, publicist and event promoter, I have been helping visionary entrepreneurs and event producers get the attention they deserve for over 30 years.
What can I do to help you shift your visibility to the next level?
- Stop telling me you’re going to fail! It’s time for the “consciousness” community to shift to an abundance mindset.
- Is your event affected by the non-committal “California Syndrome”?
- How to get 3,000 “likes” on your Facebook post.
- 10 Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Social Media
- 22 steps to double your website traffic and lead generation.