shameless self promotion
What makes you influential on social media? (It’s not what you think.)
What makes you influential on social media? Just as in mainstream journalism, great content is key. Great headlines grab the reader. Posting frequently and regularly and being the first to break the news is key. And just as magazines have long known, pass along readership is key to great circulation. But the main thing that… Continue readingcitizen journalism, damage control, Facebook, personal branding, public relations, renegade marketing, schmoozing, search engine optimization, seo, shameless self promotion, social media, social media hysteria, Twitter, Uncategorized, viral
7 lazy ways to shamelessly promote your blog and social media posts to get more traffic
1. Use “Share This” widgets to shamelessly self promote. Whether you’re using WordPress or any other blogging or web development tool, you can use the “Share This” widget on your website to quickly promote your posts . Just install the widget on your site and right after you file your post share it shamelessly!… Continue readingblog, bootstrapping, citizen journalism, Digg, Facebook, flacks, newsletter, PR Newswire, press release, public relations, renegade marketing, search engine optimization, seo, shameless self promotion, social media, Twitter, viral, website, Wordpress
8 free (or cheap) ways to give your web branding a new look for the New Year
This down time between Christmas and the first week of the New Year is a perfect opportunity to give your personal branding a lift and start the New Year with a fresh image. Here are eight ways you can use free templates and other inexpensive tools available on the web to give your business or… Continue readingblog, bootstrapping, Facebook, newsletter, personal branding, renegade marketing, search engine optimization, seo, shameless self promotion, social media, template, Twitter, viral, website, Wordpress
Facebook is a global network you can’t afford to ignore.
This map of Facebook friendships looks not surprisingly like a map of the Earth as seen from space at night. Are you utilizing this vast network of more than 1/3 of the most wired, affluent and educated people on the planet to promote your business, consulting practice, art form or cause? You should be. http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2010/12/data_visualisation_1?fsrc=scn%2Ffb%2Fwl%2Far%2Ffacebookfriends. Continue reading
Seven lame, business-killing excuses for not having a social media presence.
This article was selected as 1 of 1 million WordPress posts to be on Freshly Pressed where it created a momentary sensation and 15 minutes of social media fame for me. It’s two years old now, and clients are still making excuses so I am running it first to remind you all that it’s about… Continue reading
Should Facebook add more “in a relationship” options? Or should we just be discreet?
I Social Currency and trust is what it’s all about in the new era of Social Networks. Our network is our net worth. Consider how your actions will be regarded in terms of your overall trustworthiness and “flake factor” before you post anything in a social forum. Relationships come and go, but reputations linger in… Continue reading
“Double Rainbow Guy” proves that just being yourself is the key to viral success.
Maybe the Double Rainbow Guy is telling us that the secret to being popular is to be real. Continue reading
Seven ways to get people to “like” your Facebook Fan Page. (It ain’t easy!)
Don’t limit your friend list to actual friends. Every person you meet is the key to your future! You never know when a contact will be valuable. I am constantly surprised and have often found that total strangers on my Facebook page who offer to “friend” me often become my most valuable business connections, or… Continue reading
A writer, content marketer, publicist and event promoter, I have been helping visionary entrepreneurs and event producers get the attention they deserve for over 30 years.
What can I do to help you shift your visibility to the next level?
- Stop telling me you’re going to fail! It’s time for the “consciousness” community to shift to an abundance mindset.
- Is your event affected by the non-committal “California Syndrome”?
- How to get 3,000 “likes” on your Facebook post.
- 10 Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Social Media
- 22 steps to double your website traffic and lead generation.