Pinterest is the marketing bargain of the century — free.
Pinterest is uber viral — because each and every one of those “seeds” it sends out, in the form of a pin, will link back to your website — forever — no matter where it lands. Continue readingblog, branding, content, content marketing, etsy, internet, marketing, pinterest, search engine optimization, search rank, seo, shameless self promotion, social media, traffic, viral marketing
Fire your SEO guy. Here’s 9 reasons why social search is the new SEO.
By creating your own “news” in press releases and social media posts, you are boosting your website traffic and page rank. You still want to get “real news” too — articles in credible blogs, newspapers, magazines, radio and TV coverage. Continue reading
15 free tips to boost your “organic” SEO and get more traffic for your website in the new year.
Advertising is the awareness you pay for. And PR is the awareness you pray for. Today, “PR” includes social media and “content marketing” — and that means “the visual stuff with words on it.” But to make people aware of your content, they need to be able to find it in Google. And this is… Continue readingblog, bootstrapping, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, make money blogging, public relations, renegade marketing, search engine optimization, seo, social media, Twitter, website, Wordpress
Will you please focus your personal brand?
If there is one thing I could ask all of my clients to do it’s this: Please focus your brand. I know, I know. We’re all wearing many hats now. Multiple revenue streams are one way people cope with the challenge of today’s economy. We’re afraid to turn down business so we try to be… Continue reading
6 Ways to Make Passive Income from Your Blog or Website
Yesterday I discovered a gold mine I had no idea I owned. A blog that I started in early days of blogging in 2004 is now ranked in the top 1,000,000 of all the sites on the Internet. While this is a wonderful surprise, I am also kicking myself. I could be making money, and… Continue readingblog, bootstrapping, Facebook, make money blogging, personal branding, renegade marketing, Uncategorized, viral, website, Wordpress
7 lazy ways to shamelessly promote your blog and social media posts to get more traffic
1. Use “Share This” widgets to shamelessly self promote. Whether you’re using WordPress or any other blogging or web development tool, you can use the “Share This” widget on your website to quickly promote your posts . Just install the widget on your site and right after you file your post share it shamelessly!… Continue readingblog, bootstrapping, citizen journalism, Digg, Facebook, flacks, newsletter, PR Newswire, press release, public relations, renegade marketing, search engine optimization, seo, shameless self promotion, social media, Twitter, viral, website, Wordpress
8 free (or cheap) ways to give your web branding a new look for the New Year
This down time between Christmas and the first week of the New Year is a perfect opportunity to give your personal branding a lift and start the New Year with a fresh image. Here are eight ways you can use free templates and other inexpensive tools available on the web to give your business or… Continue readingblog, bootstrapping, Facebook, newsletter, personal branding, renegade marketing, search engine optimization, seo, shameless self promotion, social media, template, Twitter, viral, website, Wordpress
Why the only website worth having is a blog.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) organizes the pages on the website for both the search engine spiders and the visitors to the site. Search engines look for your site based on combinations of words on the site. The more words you have on your site, the easier it is to find. That’s why a blog is… Continue reading
A writer, content marketer, publicist and event promoter, I have been helping visionary entrepreneurs and event producers get the attention they deserve for over 30 years.
What can I do to help you shift your visibility to the next level?
- Stop telling me you’re going to fail! It’s time for the “consciousness” community to shift to an abundance mindset.
- Is your event affected by the non-committal “California Syndrome”?
- How to get 3,000 “likes” on your Facebook post.
- 10 Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Social Media
- 22 steps to double your website traffic and lead generation.